While playing Jenga with Colin today, he said 2 words that I hadn't heard from him before. The first word he said was "chasm" and the second was "topple." I think those are pretty advanced words for a 5 year old. And he didn't just say the words, he used them in a sentence...properly!
Colin: "We don't want this tower to topple over."
After the tower did eventually topple over, he proceeded to use the Jenga pieces to make a bridge from the ottoman to the couch. After he had finished doing this, he took one of little Lego figures and walked him over the bridge.
He said to me, "Mommy, the bridge goes over the chasm so the man won't fall into the chasm." When I asked him what a "chasm" is he said that "it is a pit." Sounds good to me.
Colin surprises me every day, several times a day with the things that he says and does. Like at this very moment, he is standing right beside me reading this blog post as I type it. I could type anything and he will read it. He's 5! I am so amazed at his reading skill. He is still reading it and laughing now.
Colin: "Mommy is that perfect?"
Mom: "Should I finish the post, now?
Colin: "Yes. 'Bye now."
Yes, Colin, goodbye for now. Go play with your Legos.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment