Thursday, August 13, 2009

Colin's First Day of Kindergarten!

In front of our house before school this morningThe front of his school In front of room 11, his classroomInside his classroom after he found his nametag. Doesn't he look so excited! It's official. Colin is now a kindergartner! The whole family dropped him off this morning at his school, Hurley Elementary. I was grateful that Mike was able to come with me to drop him off. In 20 years, Colin will know that his dad was there for his first day of school. I went in with Colin while Mike looked for a parking spot and helped him find his cubby for his backpack and put his snack bag on the table where they keep the snacks. Then he found his nametag and another nametag that he had to put under the question of the day. He went right up to his teacher, Mrs. Merrill, and said hello to her and then walked away from me to sit down at one of the centers. He was going to walk away from me without saying goodbye?! I don't think so! I gave him a big hug and I admit I got a little teary at the end. He is so ready for school and I know he will have a great day.
By the way... this is me in Kindergarten. I think Colin looks a bit like me. I think he has my eyes. The rest of him is all Mike! We are getting a hold of Mike's kindergarten picture and it will be posted soon.

1 comment:

  1. Krista you did great! It is exciting to send your first child off to school! Now your world will never be the same! LOL!
    I did great when Emma went to kindergarten...that is until I just had to peak in the door to see if she made it to her seat...then I lost it! Now that she is in the 5th grade, I don't have a problem drop kicking her out the car door and speeding off! LOL! Just kidding! I think I will cry because I have a 5th grader! And of course the hormones will help!

    ReplyDelete