
I was riding my motorcycle to work this morning, minding my own business when I saw it. There it was, waiting for the light at Murray & Jacob. The light turned green and I rolled past it. I had to turn and look just to make sure (as if you could confuse this car with anything else on the road). It was brown, and had the original gold on blue CA license plate (D__ 4__).
It was a Ford Pinto. Someone was driving a Ford Pinto. On the road. In 2008.
Wow
I still remember the time we borrowed the orange Pinto from Kent and Connie when our minivan was in the shop. I had to take Tim to choir in Piedmont and I was afraid someone I knew would actually see me driving that thing. I remember knowing at the time, that it was famous for blowing up if rear ended, so that made the driving much more thrilling.
It's hard to believe there's still a Pinto alive out there. Seeing is believing.
Mike McC
When I was a kid...well a teanager...my dad owned 2 pintos! He drove one and the other was for us teangers to drive around! One was light blue with a dark blue door and the other was pea soup green! Riding to seminary on those foggy mornings in a pinto was a little bit scarry !!! So glad that Dad got rid of them both! They are so ugly! The other day, Dennis and I saw an orange one parked in the church parking lot! CRAZY! Thanks for bringing back those frightening memories! I will call Krista when I wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep because of the brown pinto blowing up in a rear end collision in my dreams! HAHA
ReplyDeleteHey Mike...we had an orange Pinto when I was a teenager...I even had to drive it to school! yeah, that was embarassing! I drove all kinds of cars to school...the Pinto, a 13 passengar Ford Van, a Nissan pickup and a Ford Ranger. Those were the days!
ReplyDeleteahahahha!! Gross! by the way check out http://mooseandpanda.blogspot.com/
ReplyDelete