Monday, June 2, 2008

She makes baby food, too?


Yes...I have done it! I made homemade baby food. It really wasn't that difficult. I started with pears and sweet potatoes today. I found these at the Farmer's Market on Saturday so you know it's fresh! You don't even have to cook the pears if they are ripe enough. The sweet potatoes are just baked so they get soft. I pureed the food, put it into ice-cube trays and froze it. Now all I have to do is pull out the individual portion, defrost it and serve delicious, nutritious homemade goodness to Katie!
I found all kinds of neat and yummy recipes on the Internet. I can't wait till she is a little older so I can try some of the "dinner" recipes (like the "Tiny Tot Turkey" and "chicken noodle"). Stone fruit is next to come into season so I can't wait to make up some peaches, apricots, plums. I also want to try avocados. I never thought about feeding her avocados, but I am willing to try it.


This has nothing to do with baby food...well she is sitting in her high chair...but I just had to post this adorable photo of Katie. Where does she get that look from??!!!

1 comment:

  1. OK....She is so cute! They grow up too fast! Kudos to you Krista for making your own baby food! I think that's great! A money saver for sure!...and healthier!

    ReplyDelete