Today was our first day in the 5th Branch here in Visalia. Our family was called by the stake president to go on a "mission" to the 5th branch for at least a year. I am now the Executive Secretary to the branch president, my first administrative calling in the church. I went to Office Depot yesterday thinking about what kind of supplies I needed. And now that I've been through my first set of early morning 3 hour meetings (7 am every Sunday), I have a better idea what I need. I have so much to learn in this calling, all while trying to remember Spanish from my mission. It's been 16 years since I returned from my mission.
WOW. Is that right? Ay Caramba!
It will be a challenge for our whole family. I really hope we don't lose our 3rd ward friends. Maybe we should start a dinner club or something. Hmmm...
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We will really miss you! Of course you guys should know you are invited back to participate in third ward activities and such anytime! A dinner club is a great idea. A group of my friends started one several years ago, and we are still going strong.... through moves to other wards... and even cities we still make an effort to get together regularly! Good luck in your new callings and may you be blessed for your willingness to serve.
ReplyDeleteWe were so sad when we found out you gys were leaving us. Hope you guys enjoy being in the Spanish branch. We'll miss ya. :)
ReplyDeleteIt was 5 years in the branch for the Reyes Family! I was pregnant with Max and Leon was in the Presidency. It went fast and Max was very loved by everyone...they love those little blondies with blue eyes! I know you will all do great, they are lucky to have your many talents! We should start our own little "Been in the Rama" group...oblads, rasmussens, bradleys, etc. We sure would be able to relate!
ReplyDelete