Friday, April 24, 2009

More on the "Minnie" dress

So I am about done with Katie's "Minnie Mouse" dress. After numerous rounds with the seam ripper, the end is in sight! The dress is entirely attached. The bindings on the neck and armholes are finished. I just have to put a hem at the bottom and close the back. I am not going to even mess with buttonholes. Velcro with faux button closures will work just fine for now.
The real test was to see if it fit her and it does! I realized that I do need to take the bottom up a bit more so that it isn't so long on her. So I am glad that I was able to fit it on her before I finished it. She can wear this dress just like this or with a t-shirt underneath. As she grows, she can wear it as a top with cute pants underneath.

I must say that I am so proud of myself for taking on this project. I think the sewing bug has bit me again and I can't wait to make more things for Katie.

8 comments:

  1. The dress is adorable!! Props to you Krista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! What a cutie in her minnie! LOL! Great job Krista!
    I actually sewed 2 matching dresses for my girls to wear at my brothers wedding and I had the opposite feeling as you...no more sewing for the girls...I'll stick to valences and pillows thanks! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Just put a big double hem in it. That's what they do all the time with the smocked dresses so that they can be taken out and worn for a longer period of time. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Krista! It looks adorable on her! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's adorable, Krista! good job! I'm finishing up my 2nd quilt ever right now... I guess I have the sewing bug, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so good!! Katie is so cute in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great, I think Katie will be the cutest little Minnie Mouse at Disneyland. Hope you guys have a great time.

    ReplyDelete