The bodice (top) of the dress. Arm hole bands sewn on and ready to sew on the neck band.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
My Feeble Attempt at Sewing
We are headed to Disneyland in May. I decided to get creative and make Katie a "Minnie Mouse" dress. The bodice and skirt band (on the bottom part of the skirt) is red with white polka dots, and the skirt will be black with white polkadots. I am almost done with the bodice (complete with binding on the arm holes and neck), and I am in the process of sewing the bottom band to the skirt. It is starting to take shape and looking like an actual dress. I haven't really sewn to this degree since high school (over 15 years ago). I just hope I can get it done before we go to Disneyland. Here a few pics of the dress in progress and pieces!
The bodice (top) of the dress. Arm hole bands sewn on and ready to sew on the neck band.
Pinning the skirt band to the skirt.
The bodice (top) of the dress. Arm hole bands sewn on and ready to sew on the neck band.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment