Monday, December 1, 2008

Glad to be Home

We spent the 9 days in Arizona visiting Mike's family and enjoying Thanksgiving with them. Although I was glad to be there and had a great time, I am glad to be home.

The drive took us almost 13 hours. It was a great drive home until we hit dead stop traffic. We drive the Tehachapi route to where Mike's mom lives. During the drive, the highway merged from two lanes to one lane, and about 7 miles after this happens there is a stop light. So we sat in traffic for more than 7 miles! It took us over an hour and a half to drive these 7+ miles. Needless to say that Katie pooped as we were sitting in this traffic! Poor thing! As we finally approached the stoplight, we pulled out of traffic by a gas station to just get out, stretch, and change Katie. When we hit Bakersfield at about 6:30, we hit a wall of fog. We literally saw the wall of fog as we approached it! Once we were in that, it was slow going all the way home!

I am thankful to be home, safe and sound and to find that our house was just as we left it! The only thing missing is our dog, who has been in a kennel while we were gone. I have to wait for the fog to lift to go get her!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, that sounds like torture! Over an hour just for 7 miles. Uggh!

    So cool that you saw us on your way to Arizona. I wish we had noticed y'all. :)

    ReplyDelete