So I guess today would not be a typical Christmas Eve, for me anyway. I am used to being around some family for both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It is just us today, though. But tomorrow we are driving up to my parent's house in Twain Harte for the next few days (thanks to a last minute purchase of tire chains!).
Mike has today, tomorrow, and Friday off, but he had to spend this morning at the Mazda dealership in Selma (about 25 minutes away because there is no Mazda dealership in Visalia) getting the car fixed. Our check engine light came on about 3 days ago and the car has been running a little rough in park and neutral and idling really low when it is stopped. Thankfully it was just a broken hose and was fixed in an hour, but man do they really get you on labor!
To thank Mike for taking the car down to get it fixed, I swept out the garage for him and stacked the bins back up and put all the cardboard boxes and garbage together ready to go out to the garbage bins. I left the kids playing in Colin's room, which is right next to the laundry room/access to the gargage and trusted that all would be well while I spent a mere 10 minutes out in the garage. So I finished up my good deed for my hubby and came back in the house. I noticed the hall bathroom light was on which meant the Colin was in the bathroom...no big deal. I turned the corner to the bathroom and here come Katie crawling out of the bathroom...which is also no big deal since she follows Colin in there all the time. As I looked down at her, I noticed a spot on her head...kinda reddish but not really sure. I thought she had conked her head and it was a bit of blood...until I got closer and it was more brown and I as I tried to wipe it from her head it smeared. I then realized it was POOP! Yelling at Colin I asked him what was on Katie's head and he quietly replied, "it's poop, mom." I yelled back, "yeah, it sure is! Where did it come from?!!!" Obviously it was from Colin who had decided that it would be funny to wipe poop on his sister, the wall, the toilet seat, his legs, and the bathtub! I was so fuming mad. I cleaned up what I could and quickly started a bath for the both of them. As I went to take off Katie's diaper to put her in the tub she also had pooped! What was going on here?! Are my kids pooping in sync, now?
So everything is cleaned up now...including the guilty culprit and his unsuspecting victim. Man, what a way to start Christmas! I warned Colin that he had to behave the rest of the day or Santa was not coming which, by the way, Colin has been tracking ont he NORAD site all day. I also told him that I am sure Zeek (see previous post) will have a mouthful to tell Santa on his last night. Zeek will be returning to the North Pole tonight and won't be back until next December.
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have never experienced the poop smear to that extent...yet! I would have been "hot" too!
ReplyDeleteI have had the girls finger paint with yellow mustard all over my sage green couch while I was in the shower and they were to be watching Dora! We then purchased a lock for the fridge which we should have invested in sooner...best $2 I have ever spent! LOL! Too bad there isn't a Poop Lock! LOL!
Oh My Gosh, Krista! You poor, poor thing. LOL (Sorry for laughing, it is just so bad that it has to be humorous)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! When Nicole was a baby, I walked in her room to find Poop smeared all over her, the crib and everything else. I think most (ok maybe some) of us have poop stories!
ReplyDeleteGross, that sucks. You dealt with it better then i would have!
ReplyDelete