Before I continue on with today's festivies, I must regress to yesterday's disaster. I made cupcakes yesterday (24 of them) and was just going to use a few for today and I was going to freeze the rest for her party next week. Well, the cupcakes got moved from the counter to the kitchen table so we could put garland up on the cupboards (the little needles fall from the garland everywhere and I didn't want them to end up in the cupcakes). We went to the ward dinner last night and upon arriving home and checking things over, I had discovered that all but 8 of the cupcakes were gone and there were only 2 cupcake wrappers left at the scene of the crime. Our dog, Lola, had gotten onto the table and eaten 16 cupcakes and the paper wrappers! I was so mad at her!! She hid in the garage for the rest of the night. Well, at least I had 8 cupcakes left to decorate and I did that today so that Katie could blow our her candle.
Here are some pictures from today's festivities:
This was from first thing this morning. Katie is ready for breakfast. It was tradition in my family to decorate for birthdays.
I wanted to get a photo of Katie in this dress. She looks so big here and so happy...then 5 minutes later...
...she had a complete meltdown! We didn't get home from church until after 1:30. She is so ready for lunch and a nap!
After lunch we decided to sing happy birthday to Katie and let her eat her cupcake.
Mommy helped her blow out the candle. Mmmm...those cupcakes look yummy!

Grandma and Grandpa Johnson called to wish Katie a happy birthday, and so did Grandma Arizona (McCarthy).
Mommy helped her blow out the candle. Mmmm...those cupcakes look yummy!
Grandma and Grandpa Johnson called to wish Katie a happy birthday, and so did Grandma Arizona (McCarthy).
Mmmmm...cupcakes...good..
How old are you Katie? This is such an awesome photo.
Time to open presents...
Katie's first Madam Alexander doll from Grandma Arizona (McCarthy).

Katie's first "little purse." While we were in Arizona, Katie loved playing with this at Grandma's house, so Grandma sent one for Katie.

Katie's first "little purse." While we were in Arizona, Katie loved playing with this at Grandma's house, so Grandma sent one for Katie.
Katie admiring herself in the little mirror that came with the purse.
After a long day...Katie is nestled snug in her bed and off in la-la land. I think she had a good 1st birthday. Now we'll see what Saturday brings at her first real birthday party. Happy Birthday Katie-girl!
What a little cutie! I miss Baby Katie! I love how she is looking so thoughtfully at each of the presents... ahahaha!!I hope you guys like the few photos I sent last night!
ReplyDeleteToo bad the dog got most of them. They look great though, Krista you always do such cute cupcakes.
ReplyDelete