Monday, January 11, 2010

Johnson Family Christmas

This past weekend we headed up to my parent's house in Twain Harte for my side of the family Christmas get together. I know it's the second week of January, but better late than never.

This is my side of the family...all of us!
Top row: Kayla (my cousin), Jordan (my oldest niece), Mindy (Michael's wife), Michael (my brother). Second row: Uncle Tim, Aunt Michelle (my mom's sister), Jason (my brother), Cissie (Jason's wife), my dad Larry, my mom Kathy, me, Mike and Katie (in arms). Next row: Jacob (nephew), Justin (nephew), Jessica (niece), Ethan (nephew), my grandmother Dorothy Gardner, Jillian (niece), Savannah (niece), Colin, Adrienne (Ryan's wife).

This is my parent's house. They literally live in the forest. That's my Uncle Tim to the left of me and my cousin, Kayla, poking her head up behind me.
Even my 87 year old grandmother (my mom's mom) made it up. Thanks to the efforts of my brothers, we got her up to the main living area of the house (which is the second level) over pavers and uneven forest floor.Growing up, my parents decked the halls with an abundance of Christmas decorations. This is just a sampling of what the house looked like...upstairs and downstairs. There wasn't a nook or cranny left undecorated.Each of the siblings (myself and my 3 brothers) picked the sibling and their family just younger than us to give presents to. I got my younger brother, Jason, and his family. They have 3 kids and one on the way. I went mostly homemade on my gifts this year with the exception of new pajamas for the kids. I made each one a crayon roll filled with crayons, and a magnetic fishing game. This is my niece, Savannah. She loved her very own set of crayons and her crayon roll.
This is my 87 year old grandmother. She is my only living grandparent. She has 6 grandchildren, and 9 (almost 10) great-grandchildren. When your grandparent gets to be 87, you don't know if they will see another Christmas. I felt the need to take a picture of her with my kids. I just didn't know if I would get the opportunity to get another one. I don't know what's with Colin. His 2 year old sister can take a nice picture, but her 6 year old brother just had to act up! It's a nice picture of my grandmother, anyway.
We ate and ate and ate. We decided to do a yummy potato bar this year and chili and broccoli cheddar soup. We also had salad and jello fluff and tasty appetizers. We opened presents and played the present stealing game which was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment