Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Heck of a Day

Yesterday was just not Katie's day. She has become a little daredevil and loves to climb on everything she can.

Incident #1: She pushed the footstool to the front of the couch, climbed up on it and then to the couch. As I was doing dishes, she crawled over the arm of the couch and fell down into the corner between the two couches. She was not hurt, just a little scared.
Katie sitting on the infamous footstool right after she fell behind the couch


Incident #2: I was at the back of the house when all of a sudden I hear her scream and come running into the family room to see her on the floor by the computer desk. I don't know how she did it, but this is what she ended up with on her eye:


Incident #3: Katie woke up from her nap and I went in to get her. She stood up in her crib and as I went over to open the window blinds, she flipped over the railing of her crib (still in the "up" position) and landed flat on her back. Needless to say it really scared her, but thankfully she was alright and hadn't hurt herself. When Mike got home from work that night, he put the mattress down to the lowest position to prevent her from falling out of the crib again!
Katie knows that something is going on with her bed and she was not happy about it.

I don't remember Colin being as brave as Katie at this age. I am sure this is just the beginning of scrapes and bruises.

1 comment:

  1. oh the joys of motherhood! I remember those dare devil days! Those were the days that I would stock up the freezer with ice packs!

    ReplyDelete