Monday, May 19, 2008

FOUR YEAR OLDS REALLY DO LISTEN!

We had Family Home Evening tonight. Because we have a 4 year old and a 5 month old, FHE tends to be no longer than 15 minutes. Because he can read the titles, we let Colin pick the song out of the Children's Songbook. Then he usually says the opening prayer.

Our lesson tonight was out the May Friend. It was about mothers that are mentioned in the scriptures. The object was to match their descriptions with their names and the names of their sons. There were drawings of that mother on the other side of the page. The first description talked about her sons returning to Jerusalem to get the brass plates. When I asked Colin who the mother of those sons was, he said, "it was Nephi's mom. They got the plates." Now I really don't remember specifically telling Colin about the story of Nephi and his family. I thought that maybe he learned it in primary. When we asked where he heard about Nephi he said, "the book in my room." I had forgotten that Colin has a children's Book of Mormon board book that gives very brief descriptions about the stories in the Book of Mormon. We have read that book to him several times since he got it.

Goes to show you that your children are listening to every word you tell them!

No comments:

Post a Comment