Tuesday, May 27, 2008

So...how was your morning?

It's 1am. Colin snuck into our room and wants to climb into bed with us...and he does. He wakes me up trying to wedge himself between Mike and I. "Colin," I say, "go back to your bed." This wakes up Mike and rolls himself out of bed, picks up Colin and takes him back to his room.

It's 3am. Mike wakes up to start the paper route. I rustle somewhat but I stay half-asleep as he gets dressed and leaves. I do remember him saying that Colin was on the floor next to his side of the bed. So sometime between 1 and 3 am Colin snuck back into our room and fell asleep on the floor. This time he brought his own quilt and pillow with him...smart boy.

It's a little after 5am. Mike gives me a peck on the cheek and says he's going to stay up and work out on the Wii Fit. If Mike doesn't let me know he's home, or he's not back in bed by 5:30am I start to worry. I roll over and see that Colin is back in our bed. Sometime between 3am and 5am he got up off the floor and crawled into my bed. I sleepily ask Mike, "when did Colin climb into bed?"

It's 7am. Mike comes back into the room to get ready for work. I turn over to see if Colin is still in the bed and he is. I move over to him a bit and uggggggghhhhh!!!! I roll right into a wet spot! Colin has peed our bed! A perfect circle right around his bottom. "Mike!," I yell. "Colin peed the bed!" I don't think I have ever jumped out of bed so fast in my life. Mike picks up Colin by his armpits and carries him into the bathroom, strips him down and makes him go potty some more.

I proceed to strip the bed and thanks my lucky stars that we spent the extra money on a waterproof mattress pad. I roll everything up in the mattress pad, including Colin's wet pajamas and underpants, make my way to the laundry room and throw everything in the washer. The sheets needed a good cleaning anyways.

1 comment:

  1. What a "fun" suprise! I remember those days! Emma will still try to climb in bed with us. Thank heaven for a king size bed! She is getting rather big now and I am a bit more uncomfortable when she comes in. But at least I don't have to get up and take her back to bed anymore. I just say "Emma time to go back to your own bed!" and her usual reply is "ok" and it is done! Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete